Friday, February 18, 2022

The Plot Thickens...

 Welcome back!  Today, I think I settled on the plot for my film opening.  I just spent the last 20 minutes working on a story board for my idea.  It's definitely not done yet, but I feel like I have a solid foundation for my opening.  I feel like it's just much easier for me to explain what I want to do after having some sort of visual representation for it.  

                                           


So, I want to talk about what's being shown here in the storyboard.  So, with the first shot, we see a person, in this case, my story will focus on a female character, waiting by the stairs, and her front door is present.  Then, we see her hug her parents, followed by a shot of the car being loaded up with luggage, to the parents driving off.  We then see her locking the door to her house.  The main focus here is to establish that our character is alone.  

Next, we see the character go on her computer, maybe she's working on something, to then putting something in the microwave, which would symbolize that her time is running out, to her then opening the window door a the back of her house, to her finally sitting back down to work on what she was initially working on.  This again shows that she is alone, but her leaving the window door open leaves a window of opportunity, no pun intended, for something to happen to our main character.

Then, as she is working on her computer, we see that she gets a text message notification from an unknown person.  She's confused for a second because the message doesn't fully show, but she goes to open it to find pictures of herself working on her computer, that seem to be taken from her backyard, where when she opened the door to, nothing or nobody was seen.

                                         


The female character will then get back up, close the window door, close the curtains, and sit back down.  She hears something, then looks around her house to find that her door is unlocked and her window door is open again.  

That's all I have so far with this portion of the plot, I know it leads somewhere, but I'm still figuring out how it's gonna end.  I still definitely need to figure out what will happen with these mysterious texts and the female character.

One thing that I want to do with it is show that the female character was dreaming, but when she wakes up, she's wearing the same clothes as she was earlier in the opening, showing that something's wrong, and that she can't tell if she's dreaming or not, but she's still gonna get texts from this mysterious person.  This will allude to the rest of the film.

There are still some things to work out and figure out, but maybe as I develop the characters, I'll put the pieces together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...