Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A little bit about me

 Welcome back, so today's post is going to be a little different from the rest.  I feel like part of being able to do this project is making sure that I'm okay, and I'm going to be honest, right now I have a lot going on.  

This year has been tough.  I went from a freshman to a senior before I could even blink  Sure, I feel like everyone can say it, but with the pandemic, I feel like that sped up my entire high school experience.  

Why has this year been tough?  A lot, but I won't get into it all.  Like I said, this year flew by and that was very overwhelming.  As we approach the end of the year, it's like I need a second to just be in the moment if that makes sense.  I want to be done with school, but at the same time want more time here.

Not only that, but I didn't get into my top school and got waitlisted in my back up, which has really been tough on me recently.  I see all my friends getting in and not care about it too much, not only that but they are all going to my top school, which was a back up for them.  I feel like I sound like a jealous, angry friend, and I'm not.  Sure, it slightly bothers me, but I truly am happy for them, it just hurts a little right now.  This happened in the span of three weeks.  

When that just happens, I get COVID-19, and can't see the people I love for a week.  I've never needed to see them more.  I mean, they have been so amazing with calling me and checking in, and it's only been three days of me having the virus, but it's not the same.  I'm lucky to have my instruments in my room with me, which help me relieve a lot of what I go through.

I just feel like it's necessary to talk about how I'm doing. I feel like I'm worrying a lot about this project, and not taking the time to relax before I really think about it.  Now that I think about it, I'm almost glad in a way that I have these next few days to gather my thoughts and figure out what I truly want to do for my film opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...