Sunday, March 13, 2022

Lights, Camera, Action!... Oh wait, never mind and oh no!

Well, we're back, and I have good news, bad news, and well, more bad news.  Where to start?  I'll start with the good news, and then dive into the bad, as that's how this all led to where I am right now,.

Good News

On Friday, I filmed the entirety of my film opening thanks to the help of my lovely friends who made the process so much easier for me.  We started to vlog some of the behind the scenes of it, but there really wasn't much to show, and we forgot to vlog some of the more important parts, so for that reason, I will not be adding those in.

Bad News 1

After looking through all of we filmed, all of the retakes and bloopers, I realized that I wasn't happy with any of it.  Sure, it looks good, but this isn't the opening I want to make for my final exam, and I'm still not to happy with my first idea, but I may end up doing that instead.

Bad News 2

Well, I got covid.  How is that relevant?  Considering that I am now stuck in my room for the next week, I lose time to film.  Could I film in my room?  Not really.  I can't be behind the camera and on it at the same time.  Not only that, but the majority of where my scene is set is downstairs at my dining room table.  Could I change the setting to be in my room?
The short answer is no.  Why?  Well, the main reason is that Lilly gets up to answer her door to then be stabbed by a masked killer.

It makes no sense for Lilly to open her front door from her bedroom, but for right now, this is all I have.

So, what now?

Great question.  Do I use the material I have but don't like to submit for my final exam?  Or, do I use my first idea, practically change it completely and find a way to make it make sense, and film in less than a week?

I don't know.  I've had a lot of bumps in this project, and this was the last thing I needed.
I'm gonna take the rest of the day to rest, as I am sick, but I know that tomorrow I'm gonna get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...