Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Music Marketing Round 2!!

 Well, we're back and done with the music marketing project.  It felt like a long two weeks, but at the same time, they could not have gone by faster when working on it.


On the first day I started working, I remember we primarily focused on the case study.  We researched Universal Music Group and studied Adele, Beyoncé, Da Baby, and Lil Wayne.  I mainly focused on Adele, talking about how she titles her album on her age and how her song "Easy On Me" blew up on Tik Tok.  


Next, came working on the video itself.  Our first challenge was coming up with an idea.  The song my group had was "Cmon Talk" by Bernhoft.  The song itself opens with the verses "C'mon and talk to me/I will try the upmost try to be honest with you//Try to be honest with you/Every single//Work/Imma gonna talk to me/I will try the upmost try to be rhythmical/Try to be rhythmical".  This repeats four times in the beginning of the song.  With that in mind, we decided that a storytelling video would be the best for the song.  We used those repeating lines to show the events that preceded the song, and then used the remainder to show what's going on in the present.


Once we finished the video, we focused on the presentation.  This is where we were all coming up with ideas on how to market and grow our artist, Charlie Jay.  For example, I was in charge of the social media accounts.  I made an Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, and YouTube account for Charlie Jay.  I also made a fan account on Instagram for him.  The reason for the use of these platforms was that they are the biggest platforms at the moment, and they all served different purposes for his growth.For example, YouTube was for his full music videos and lyric videos, while Instagram would be used just to post pictures and give fans behind the scenes content of interviews and more.


Finally, it came down to the presentation.  Boy, was I nervous.  In class, I was keeping my fingers crossed hoping we wouldn't go.  Not because we weren't ready, but because I was super nervous that day for no reason.  Then, no group volunteered, and of course with my luck, my group gets called to present.  I.  Was.  Shaking.  I don't know why I was so nervous for our presentation, I typically do well with presenting in front of my peers.  Anyways, we went up, and as soon as it was my turn to present about social media, I started to blank on the inside, but then used what I knew about the platforms, and talked about things that would differentiate the use of the different platforms, since Mrs.Stoklosa had made a comment on that to the group before us.  But before I knew it, I was done talking, and could relax a little bit.


In the end, the project was fun, and makes me think about what some of the biggest names in music went through to get to where they are today.  I learned that there is a lot more than just one person behind a big name, and it takes a lot to be successful.  I also learned that strategy and creativity are key to trying to create and grow an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...