Sunday, February 13, 2022

Time to Start With the End!

 Welcome back!  As the title states, it's time to start with the end, as in, the final portfolio project.  I've been so excited, nervous, and ready to do this project ever since I was a part of my friend's film opening last year.  I remember filming everything in one day, and then having to return and start all over again because of the lighting.  It was a lot of fun.  My friend and I got ready together, recorded audio in her room, and finally filmed together.  We also recorded a table read for the fun of it, but I sadly lost that footage.  Anyways, here's the film opening I was a part of!

https://youtu.be/lbsNguBVO4c


I remember thinking of all the ways the story could have continued between the two characters, I even started writing a script for it, but I later deleted it.  Now, it's my turn to think of what I want to do for my film opening, and I couldn't be any more clueless.  

Over the summer, while all of my friends were traveling, I wrote ten scripts for fun, following a story of a group of friends trying to find one of their friends who went missing.  I never fully finished the tenth one, but I enjoyed being able to see it in my head how it all would play out and then putting it on paper.  

About two weeks ago, I had to start writing a script for one of my online classes.  For the project, I had to watch a tv show that was set in a different time, and I picked Luis Miguel: La Serie, which is on Netflix.  The show is a biopic based on the Mexican singer,  Luís Miguel.  Anyways, we had to write a one act play that is in the same time period as the show we watched, so mine was set in the 80's, and since the show goes back and forth between two time periods in Luís Miguel's life, I decided to make mine go between the present, and a memory.  The plot of my play is of a girl who get's cheated on, so she decides to write a song about it, and as she writes it, she goes back through the memories of her relationship seeing how it all led to where she was.


I don't know too much of what I want to do just yet for my film opening, but I do know that as of right now, I am pretty comfortable with script writing.  Let's see where this takes me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...