Sunday, February 27, 2022

Scheduling/Planning the Script!

Ah, yes, the part I am most excited about, scriptwriting.  I've said this in previous posts, but I genuinely really love scriptwriting, and have been really lucky to have gotten to do so for  several projects this school year.  I know I said in a previous post that I want to start writing March 7th, which I will, but I think I should definitely start to plan!

First, I know that I will be heavily relying on the storyboard to write my script, and I have given myself six days to write the script, so here is the plan as follows:
Days 1-4: Write the script based on the first four pages of the storyboard!
                           Days 5-6: Revise and edit.  

Obviously, this will be much easier said than done, but as far as dialogue goes, there won't be much considering that Lilly will be alone for the majority of the time, the script is going to have a lot more stage direction than anything else.  

I plan to add Lilly thinking out loud, like for example, since she's going to be writing poetry, maybe have her say some of her lines out loud.  Also, she'll call her boyfriend, and she'll also say goodbye to her parents. 

One thing that I may be able to add is Lilly talking to her dogs, I don't think I added that in my character descriptions, but I in real life have two dogs, and I can definitely find a way to incorporate them into the opening.  Considering that this is going to be a horror film, maybe some viewers will be wondering if the dogs will be okay by then end of the movie, which, spoiler alert, of course they will be!  Again, this allows for some dialogue.  She could call them, or just ask them what they think of her poetry.  Who knows?  I know that I have plenty of ways to add dialogue to the script even though the majority will most likely be stage direction.

Can't wait to start writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...