Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Starting the Script and Such

Day 1 of Writing

 As the title shows, I am starting the script today, which is a little nerve-racking.  I just realized that something I didn't think about was what to call my film.  I find that ironic considering that in a previous post, I addressed the importance of giving a name to a character, it's equally important to give one to the piece itself.  This is what viewers will associate my film with.  I think, for now, I'm going to get started with writing, which I know I was going to save until next week, but there may be a slight change in plans, which is exactly what I planned for in my scheduling process.

I have successfully written one page, and now I am completely blank.  I think the toughest part about this script is that Lilly is primarily alone, so I can't add too much dialogue, because then it'll feel forced and awkward.  I could maybe have Chad show up.  Chad's her boyfriend, he's the latest addition to the character list, however, I don't know too many guys who would want to film and act.  The ones I do know, probably wouldn't even want to record audio for it.  Also, adding Chad would take away from the idea of Lilly being alone.  

I've completed a second page, and at first, I worried that I had too much, and I still do, but at the same time, do I have too little?  Again, this script is heavily going to be stage direction, and now that I think about it, that won't take up too much time, at least I don't think.  I'm now worried that I don't have enough.     Maybe I'm overthinking it.  I'll update as I continue writing.

What I find really interesting is that in my last post, I talked about giving myself six days to write the script, and as I'm starting it now I feel glad in doing so.

The reason I started earlier is because there is a chance my family goes to Mexico for Spring Break, meaning I could possibly lose 10 days that I planned for.

I know that I'm still on my first day of writing, but this is so far much harder than I expected.  I think I'll be lucky to finish by this weekend.

I think that I'm going to stop for the day, and time myself, on how much time I've taken up from the two minutes when I get home.  

Day 2 of Writing

So, I finished the first draft of the script.   I'm pretty happy with it, but now that I read it, it feels way too similar to SCREAM.  I also have no ideas for a title yet.  I asked some of my classmates in my AICE Global class to see what they thought, and they liked the script, but all said that it was basically SCREAM and that they also had no idea what to call it.  Some ideas that came up were "Window", "Unmasked", and "Serendipitous".  Although I appreciated the help, none of those titles felt right.  I'm gonna read it again, and maybe see what I can come up with.  

After reading it again, I honestly like where it's at, I'm going to leave a link here to allow viewing and commenting on it.  




https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZY5mx_iPHTruZ2S8i2Z7iDRNQiM6QJPt7EjQFj4Mq5k/edit?usp=sharing



No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...