Wednesday, March 2, 2022

And Then They Changed (Maybe?)

 Welcome back, I am considering changing my idea completely, which I know this late in the game is probably not the best idea.  Especially considering that I might have less time than I thought.

So, why would I have less time?  

Well, my family may be going to Mexico over spring break to visit family, which is exciting, but also means I lose 10 days of time that I was counting on for the project.  I am very grateful for the opportunity to go, but the timing could not have been worse.  Also, I know I ensured having extra time in the case of anything, but if I am going to entirely change my project, then I won't have any extra time to fall back on if that makes sense.

What's the new idea?

Great question.  It's still kind of in the horror realm, maybe more of a thriller or suspense, either way, in that family.  Anyways, I'll keep the same characters, but what if Lilly's thing was that she could read people's minds and feel what they felt.  For example, she could feel happy, sad, scared, paranoid, excited, stress, etc.  Sure, that doesn't sound too threatening, until it gets to the point that she herself is overwhelmed by all that she feels, and begins to question how she's doing herself.  It gets to the point that maybe she needs to find a way to get rid of those feelings, and the way she could do that would be to kill people.  So maybe in some way, turn this into a slasher horror, but in reverse?  You would know who the killer is and their motive from the start.  I also think that this may also make a statement on society showing that a single person can only handle so much until they go crazy.  Some people, like Lilly in this case, pushes down and  bottles up her feelings so much that she herself explodes and is trying to get rid of them.  I don't know if I will go through with this.  I guess I'm going to use my original idea as a back up, but I know that I definitely want to give this a try, maybe get a storyboard going?  I know that when I thought of this, it felt more like a trailer, but I know I could figure it out.  Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...