Saturday, March 5, 2022

Feeling Confused

 Well, I'm just going to dive right in.  I have two ideas that I really like, however, I don't know which to choose.  I don't have titles for either, but I have a complete script for one, and a monologue for the other.  I linked the script for the first idea in my last post, so I will just copy and paste the monologue for the new idea here. 

"Dear diary, there’s nothing new today, except for the fact that Jane could not be more stressed about college.  It’s like they’ll get back to her, and Mrs.Wilson, is a literal emotional wreck. I mean, pregnancy has its mood swings, but jeez, I need a break.  I need a break.  I don’t know if I’m happy, or sad, or stressed.  I’d say I’m confused, but I don’t even know that either.  I don’t know what I’m feeling, but if Jane doesn’t stop overthinking right now, I think she might be next.  I feel bad for Jacob, but either way, he had nothing much going for him, bad grades, never showed up to class, parents couldn’t have cared less about him.  But Jane.  I’m gonna explode.  I don’t think anyone will be to drawn to me, but if Jane suddenly goes missing, along with the others, I could get caught."

I'm going to explain the idea of this opening a little bit better.  So, the monologue is meant to be a voice over, and we'll see Lilly, yes I kept the same character names, go back and forth writing in her diary and plotting her next victim.  If I film this, as Lilly is writing in her diary, I want her to have tears streaming down her face, but she needs to look emotionless.  In the monologue, she mentions three people: Mrs.Wilson, Jane, and Jacob.  Like I've said before, Lilly can feel what other people feel, and it gets so intense that she's driven crazy by it, to the point where she starts to kill people off.   For example, she mentions that her teacher has pregnancy mood swings, which she feels, and that Jane is very anxious about college acceptances.  Again, Lilly feels all of these, and then she mentions Jacob, who is a previous victim of hers.  

What I like about this idea over the first is that I think it's a little more unique.  With my first idea, it felt too much like SCREAM, however with this new idea, I've never really seen anything like it.  Sure, it's maybe a slasher horror, or a thriller, but this time, we know who the killer is, what their motive is, and their intended target.  The goals of this film would be: get Lilly caught, keep Lilly hidden, figure out a way for Lilly to not have this mysterious gift of hers.  The reason I say to have Lilly get caught but for her to also stay hidden is because Lilly is our antagonist, she's a murderer, so, morally, those who were close to those she's killed would want her to be found and put away, but Lilly obviously doesn't want to get caught in the act.  What I also like is that this film is told through the perspective of the killer, which is something I've never seen before.

I think I might do this idea instead simply because I have a lot more figured out about it than I did my original idea.  I also am still on track with my schedule, as I still have until Friday to finish my script.  My one challenge is making sure I am writing it correctly, because it is a voice over, however there is going to be a lot of stage direction, so I'd have to look into it, but do I write a few lines, and then add a stage direction?  I'll figure it out.

Another thing I'm scared of is being able to act this out.  I love acting, but I know it could be hard for me to duo the neutral crying thing.  I think I might order a tear stick off of Amazon to aid with the tears, and maybe a prop knife.  

Also, for reference, here's a picture of my storyboard so far.  It's only five shots, but I definitely need to add onto it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...