Saturday, February 26, 2022

The Layout

Hello, so today, I want to focus on the layout, and because I will be filming in my house, I will insert pictures and then talk a little about them!


Let's get started with the dining room table.  I thought that I would start off with thins, since this is where Lilly is going to be for a lot of the time.  She'll be writing her poetry on her laptop, and waiting for her boyfriend.  What I like about this area, and the majority of the downstairs area of my house is that it is very open, which will allow me to get a variety of shots and angles throughout the opening.



This is the front door area where Lilly will hug her parents goodbye.  And we see how close it is to the dining room.





Here is the driveway, and this is where we will see Lilly's parents drive off.  I want to focus on the bottom two pictures here.  The main thing I am using these shots for is to create distance between Lilly and her parents.  It's almost as if we see that she is so close, yet so far from her parents, or, better yet, so close, yet so far from safety.

 Not only that, but this can also make Lilly look smaller, make her seem more vulnerable, since we know she's home alone, and then later going to be attacked.


This is the view from opening the front door, this is where Lilly is going to face her attacker in her dream.  



Finally, this is Lilly's room.  This is where Lilly will wake up, but also, end up at the end of the opening.  Her room is her private space, where she's alone, and this will add onto her vulnerability. Since she chooses to go there instead of to her parents' room, which is right next door, we go back to the idea of being so close, yet so far from her safety.  Again, this creates distance.  Which alludes to what could happen in the rest of the film.  Will she survive it, etc.

I am really excited to film here, and can't wait to see what it looks like when it is done!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...