Friday, February 25, 2022

Lights, Camera, act- wait... when?

Hi there!  So, for today, I thought I would talk about my shooting schedule for the opening.  Considering, at least for the most part, it'll just be me in the opening, I know that I've to start on Spring Break, mainly because at the moment, I have a lot going on and I want to make sure that I have plenty of time to focus on filming the opening.  



According to the school calendar, Spring break starts on March 18 and ends on March 28. This gives me 10 days to film and start editing, maybe even finish editing?  I know I'll definitely need to start filming on the 18th, and I plan to finish on the 20th.  I don't think that it'll take two days, but I'd rather over-estimate instead of underestimating.  

I know that this week I can start working on my script, and I plan to have it done by March 11th.  I know I'm going to be using my storyboard to help write it.  

Again, I don't think it'll take me that long to write the script, but with everything I have going on for other classes, I want to make sure I allow myself plenty of time to have it ready.

I also think that maybe from the 12th to the 17th I can work on getting any sounds I may need.  One thing I did last year to help with my friend's film opening was record all of the dialogue ahead of time with my microphones.  I want to say it took us roughly an hour, but at the same time, I know that I need to get more than just dialogue, so I can split it up into those six days.  For example, on the first day, just work on dialogue, the second, maybe get anything that comes from the dining area, on the third, anything that comes from the kitchen and backyard, on the fourth, get anything from the front door or front yard, on the fifth day, get anything that comes from the two bedrooms, and on the sixth day, work on fixing any that have any issues, or that I genuinely wasn't happy with.  

Then, on the 18th to the 20th, start to film.  On the 18th and 19th, I can focus on all of the shots that are in the downstairs area of my house, because that's where the majority are.  On the 20th, I can get the ones that are in my room and parent's room.  

From the 21st to 28th, I can work on putting all of the shots together, and start to edit them.  I know that while I record audio, I'll also do some more in-depth research into editing because as I've stated in my previous post, editing is not my strong suit.  I also know that if anything I can do reshoots from the 21-28 as well.

So far, that's what I think is going to be the best plan for me, but who knows?  That may change, either way, I know that I have plenty of time to make changes if I need to.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...