Sunday, February 20, 2022

The Gameplan

Now that I've gotten some of the key elements for my film opening figured out, it's time to come up with a plan for how I want to create this film opening. I have 6 steps:

1.Storyboard

2.Script-write

3.Audio

4.Film

5.Edit

6.Submit

StoryBoard

I already started working on my storyboard, but I definitely need to change things, and finish it.  The reason I'm starting off with the storyboard is because I am a very visual person.  As I was coming up with my plot, I could see it in my head, and I couldn't really put it into words at first, so I started to draw it out, and then everything fell into place.  I used it to describe the plot of my film opening in another blog post and it also kind of helped me to develop the characters.  There will be more on the story board in another blog post.

Script-write
I love scriptwriting, and am excited to get into this portion of the process after I complete the storyboard, or I may even go ahead and start working on it while I do the storyboard.  Besides the fact that I am more of a visual person, I also haven't started working on the script just yet because I am currently working on several others for other projects, and I want to ensure that I can fully focus on this one as soon as I finish the others.  I can't wait to write this one, and see where the film opening takes me.  I remember when I was a part of my friend's film opening last year, I continued writing the story from what I believed would have happened.  Maybe once I finish writing the opening and the project overall, I'll probably continue it for the full thing just for the fun of it, maybe even film it over the summer before I go off to college, who knows, but I think this is the part that I am most excited for!

Audio
By audio I mean recording any dialogue ahead of time before I film.  This is just in case any of it isn't heard in the opening itself, or if anything else happens to it in the opening.  I have a few condenser microphones, and a few lavalier mics I can use for this when I film and record audio, so I know I'll be ready for that.  I also have to think about what other sounds I'll need for the film.  At first, I wanted my film opening to be silent, but now I feel like, audio is probably going to be one of the bigger elements for the film opening considering that it'll just be revolving around one character the majority of the time.

Film
I am excited to film the opening.  I know I'll most likely be the one starring in the opening, and I'll most likely have my parents play Lilly's parents.  Yes, it will be hard to be the one on camera while also being behind the camera, but I know that my little sister could be a big help since she took film in middle school, but I also have tools like a tripod that will make setting up the camera easier for me.  Honestly, I think I can get the filming done in one day, three days max.  I think the best time for me to film would be over Spring Break, as it gives me plenty of time to work on the storyboard, script, and audio ahead of time, and I'll have the full week to film, even though I only think it'll take a few days, in the case of any footage being lost, or anything else, I have plenty of time to film.

Edit
Ah, yes, editing.  I will be very honest here and say that I am nervous to edit my film opening, but I know it's something that I'll have to overcome.  I don't find editing to be my strong suit, but I know that there are plenty of resources out there for me that will help me edit the opening.  I know I'll definitely want to create a few different versions of my opening, which I know will take some time, but I will figure it out as I go!

Submit
The final step: submitting.  I'm excited, nervous, and a little sad to submit the final film opening.  I've been looking forward to this project since I got to be a part of one last year, and it's kind of sad that it'll be over when I submit it.  I think I want to make a blog post with the different versions of my film opening and see what some of my peers think about them by using a poll, and I'll use that to help me make the decision on which film opening I will submit.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...