Sunday, March 20, 2022

And It All Went Downhill...

Where to begin?

I know the title sounds scary, and for good reason.  Today, I intended to have a vlog for this entry rather than a traditional blog post, but as you will see later and come to understand, of course that wouldn't work out for me, so instead, I will be breaking down what has happened over the past few days that I initially had 

The New Idea

As I mentioned before, I had come up with a new idea, which was to create a fake documentary.  The next day, which was last Friday for me,  I decided to double check that the fake documentary would be okay for me to do.  

After checking the rubric, it turns out that I need to create something that is fiction.  Was my idea fiction?  Technically yes, but it's essentially me trying to create the story of a version of me that doesn't exist.  With that in mind, I decided that I would still keep that idea, but tell the story in a different way.  My new-new idea was to tell the story of a girl writing a song and then it would late be a huge success for her, and the rest would be history.  The opening would be her getting an idea for a melody and then struggling to write.  In the hypothetical rest of the film, not only will she have donut inspiration, but she would also have seen success.

As a songwriter myself, I know the process and the struggle of having an idea and then completely blanking.  I knew this character very well, as she would essentially be me.  I would have kept the same character name, just changed around a few things about Lilly.  I knew that I would be able to use my own work for this and be able to revisit and go back through what I had, even if it was something I wasn't too proud of, this could also allowed me to revisit my own work and possibly have a new idea for it.

I'd also be able to feature my guitar and give people insight into what it's like to write a song sometimes and how long and hard it is, but as of right now, this won't be happening.

Yesterday

Yesterday, I was excited because I started to work on a script for this new idea, however, my Google Docs ran out of storage and my Word account from school was glitching so I was left with Pages on my Mac.  It's not that I don't like Pages, but using it in the past has given me many issues with anything important I've ever had to do, but regardless, I resorted to it.

I hadn't written much, simply because I knew what I wanted to do and was going to do, that I felt it would be much better if I had written the script after filming, so I made more of a guide.

Not only did I have a mini mock-up of a script for this, but then one of my friends told me that she would be able to help me film.  Although I had tested positive for COVID-19, I was no longer contagious on Friday, and her parents were aware that it would be possible for me to test positive for even three more weeks.  I was starting to regain some confidence in my idea and project as a whole.

Today

Well, it was just one thing after another today.

I had texted my friend to figure out a good time for her to come over for the project, and at first she told me that she would be able to some time this afternoon.

I decided that I would try to start getting ready by curling my hair, so I could let the curls drop and wave my hair a little to get my desired look for the opening.  However, once I had finished doing my hair, my friend had sent me a text saying that unless I tested negative, she wouldn't be able to come over.

Here's the thing, of course, I 100% understand why her parents are hesitant to let her come and help me, but it's the last thing I needed.  I've gone through a lot lately, and this wasn't helping my case.  I ultimately decided that I was going to take the footage that I already had, but wasn't happy with, and see what I could create with it.

I get my record player set, and try to upload the clips onto my computer, and of course, it wouldn't work.  I decided that even though it would be more uncomfortable for me, I would have to edit it on my phone.  

For some reason, iMovie wouldn't let me select the videos from that day, however everything I had vlogged up to that point was fine to upload on there.  

This was really frustrating for me, so I decided that I would take a break to calm down and think.

I tried again, but it wasn't working, and decided that I was done for the day and was going to revisit this tomorrow even though it would throw me off of my schedule.

I edited there vlog, since that seemed to work and was able to upload it to my computer.  In fact, I was about to upload it here, but as the trend was going, it decided not to work for me.  

It's been a long and frustrating day.  I've decided that I am going to put a pause on this for right now, and figure out what I will do tomorrow.  I will try again with the other clips I had, but if that doesn't, I don't know what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...