Friday, March 25, 2022

Editing! (week one)

 This week, I started editing my film opening.

It's definitely not done yet, but I thought that I would break down what I've been working on the past few days!

Monday 3/21/22

Monday, I was very hesitant to start editing.  I genuinely thought that nothing would work and that I wouldn't have a film opening.  Being very stressed about that, my main goal was to get the clips I had onto my laptop.

Luckily, they uploaded, and I began.  I decided to take the day slow and just try to put the clips in order, watch it back, and shorten if needed.  

At this point, the opening was roughly two minutes and five seconds long.

Tuesday 3/22/22

On Tuesday, I wanted to focus on adding transitions, at least mess around with them a little bit.  Which I did, I'm still figuring them out, but I don't think it's too bad.  Anyways, I realized that I needed to shorten to clips a little more before adding more transitions.

I think I watched the opening back about ten times while adding the transitions.  At this point, I realized that I needed to stop for the day and wait for the next so I could look at the opening with fresh eyes.

Like I said, I still wasn't too happy with the transitions.

Wednesday 3/23/22

Today, I decided to add the opening credits.  Since my title appears at the end, I knew that I would have to get the credits to drag onto the end that way they would lead up to the title.

I even decided on a title for the project.  My opening, as of now, will be called "I Couldn't Help It".  I think it shows that Lilly felt like the only way to get people out of her head was by committing murder, and that's her excuse, that she couldn't help it.  I think it makes sense.

Thursday 3/24/22

I decided that for today, I wouldn't edit the opening itself, I think that if I look at it too often that I won't be able to pin point what I don't like about it and need to fix.  

I also came up with a new monologue idea to use for the opening.  So it's a matter of deciding which one.  I showed it to a few friends and left a poll to see which one I should use.  I also showed one of my friends what I had so far for the opening.

Today 3/35/22

Honestly, I still can't figure out what I don't like about it, but I know that I need to take a break from looking at the opening.  I shortened the last clip a little, but that was really it.  I know that tomorrow I'm going to film a short film for my friend's media project, so at one point, we'll probably watch mine and see what to do as well.  It's definitely not done, but I plan to have it done by 4/1/2022, I think that's a pretty fair goal.  I hope to have the voice over added on 3/30/2022 that way I have an extra two days to make sure it fits well, and adjust the script as needed.  For some reason, I can't add it here, but will find a way to share it in the next post!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...