Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Good News and Tough Decisions!

 Hello there!  After a bit of a rough patch, I have really good news: what I shot about two weeks ago is actually working to edit, meaning I started editing, but that's for another time, and I have a title for the second idea, but again, that's for next time.

Also, with the vlog I made on Sunday, I know I had issues with getting it on here, but I found a solution.  I posted it on YouTube, unlisted of course, so if you want to see what was intended for Sunday, you can check that out using this link: 

(Copy and Paste this link)

https://youtu.be/B52JQafMZA8

Anyways, for the opening I need to record a monologue for a voice over.  But of course, I've written more than one, and can't decide which one I want to use.  I've shared the first one before, but have modified it slightly, and then today wrote a completely different one.  Before I share the link to them, I want to talk about them a little more.

Option 1

This version of Lilly's monologue, is intended to be more of a diary entry, which I genuinely think achieves that.  It feels natural, but the thing about it is that I feel like it doesn't show that Lilly feels what other people feel and goes through it herself.  Well, it does, but not to the extent that I would want it to.  I still think it is a really good option for the opening, but still not sure about it.

Option 2

To be honest, I think this is the more psycho version of option one, as if it were elevated.  The one thing that I would say is that even though it starts with "dear diary", it doesn't really feel like a diary entry, and I feel like that's important for the opening.  However, one thing that I thought about was keeping the opening silent and just letting the voice over play, and this monologue really emphasizes what silence can do to a person.  I think, in a way, it could make the audience slightly uncomfortable, which I guess could emulate or represent how Lilly is driven crazy stuck in her own and everyone else's thoughts.  

I think either monologue will fit well, and I will include the link:
(Copy and Paste this link)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18O1LfSA7mRqQ8zTnnqzi9WRFDKU2GyBdb32sk6RlAcA/edit?usp=sharing

Tell me what you think here!

(Copy and Paste this link)
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVgW4EFA0Z761hJY-Tup9NJYlqv5aOSuSVoePaU6GXD8e14A/viewform?usp=sf_link



No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR!

 And now, it's really over, here is my CCR!  I had a lot of fun throughout creating this, as well as some trial and error throughout, so...